Welcome to MindSight
Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to learn more about my practice and how hypnotherapy can help you change habits, regain control and improve the quality of your life. Please contact me if you have questions. I'm happy to help in any way I can.
Change Your Habits, Change Your Life
Habits are subconscious responses to a situation that affect how you think, feel and behave. Habits always help you in some way even though some may have unwanted side effects. For example, the nicotine in cigarettes makes your body relax and your subconscious sees that as positive even though long-term smoking can ruin your health. That's because the subconscious is only interested in what it can do now to make you feel better -- what happens later isn't important. Thankfully, hypnotherapy transforms problem habits faster and easier than you might imagine.
Ready for a Change?
Hypnotherapy helps you change problem habits. Maybe you need to lose weight, control cravings or stop eating to feel good. Or perhaps it's something as simple as helping you quit smoking, control pain, accelerate healing or just drink less.
Many people also use hypnotherapy to stop sleep problems or simply reduce the worries and stress that often make it hard to sleep. While others use it to stop irrational fears, heal from past experiences or simply change the bad habits that cause relationship problems.
Of course, you can always use it to change limiting beliefs, increase confidence, motivation and self-esteem, or to simply improve performance at work, school or even in bed. Yet whatever you use it for, you'll quickly discover it's fast, easy, completely natural and often more effecting that other approaches.
Hypnotherapy Changes Habits
Hypnotherapy changes habits by using your subconscious minds' natural learning ability. The process is pretty simple:
- We use hypnosis to trigger your body’s natural relaxation response because relaxation makes it easier to work with the part of the brain that controls habits.
- Next we help the subconscious realize that the old habit isn’t helping you. Once it discovers this it naturally wants to do something different.
- We then retrain your subconscious to do what you’d rather do instead – for example, changing why you eat.
- We follow-up with suggestions to reinforce the new response your subconscious learned.
- After the session, you continue reinforcing the new habit by listening to a CD or MP3 file. It's like getting two sessions for the price of one.
The result is a comprehensive approach to changing habits that is quick, easy and naturally effective. In fact it works so well that most people change their habits in just 1 – 3 sessions.
Get Rapid Results
Here's what you can expect:
- 9 out of 10 smokers using my approach quit smoking after just one session.
- The vast majority of my weight loss clients experience significant changes in their eating habits after the first session and begin losing 1 ½ to 2 pounds per week in 1 to 3 sessions.
- Most clients who want to control pain experience a significant increase in comfort in one session and most are pain free in 1 – 3 sessions.
- Clients struggling with sleep problems usually see improvements in the quality and duration of their sleep in 1 – 2 sessions with most returning to normal healthy sleep patterns in 2 – 4 sessions.
My approach makes it easy for you to make the change you want faster and cheaper than you might expect. In fact in 2012 that average number of sessions per client across all issues was only 2.1, and in 2013 the average is 1.8 sessions. That means you save time and money while getting the results you’re looking for.
The Difference that makes the Difference
I use an advanced form of hypnotherapy that's the synthesis of over 25 years study and experience.
- I use specialized hypnosis techniques that trigger your body's natural relaxation response so you're conscious, fully aware and in complete control at all times.
- I also use elements of learning theory and recent advances in neuroscience to help trigger the brains natural learning ability and that helps you learn new habits quickly and easily.
- I use the transformative language patterns from Neuro-Linguistic Programming to help you make changes quickly. Since the 1970's practitioners have used these techniques to transform habits using the power of language.
- I also use Brainwave Entrainment Technology so you have the same super-learning response you had as a child. That means you'll learn your new habit faster and easier.
- I teach you self-hypnosis so you can relax, reduce stress and feel rested and refreshed in minutes. More than 80% of all visits to the doctor can be attributed to stress so it's a great way to help you improve your health and well-being.
- Lastly, I provide a free digital music file to help accelerate your progress by using self-hypnosis to reinforce the work we do. The best part is that's it's only 22 – 28 minutes long which means it's short enough that you'll actually use it.
When combined these techniques result in a comprehensive approach for personal change that is safe, natural and very effective.
Improve Your Quality of Life
Hypnotherapy improves your quality of life and it's important you get great results at a reasonable price. The price for hypnotherapy in the Portland Metro area ranges from $75 to $180 per hour. My rates are at the low end of the range even though I'm one of the most experienced hypnotherapists in the area. It's just one of the things I do to make sure you get the highest quality care at great price.
I offer free consultations so I can answer your questions about hypnosis, how it can help you, or to just make sure the “chemistry” between us feels right. Feel free to contact me to schedule your consultation. I'll take the time you need to help you find out if hypnotherapy is right for you.
Free Sessions for Veterans
I offer free sessions to veterans returning from service. There’s no cost or obligation and sessions are free for as long as we work together. It’s my way of saying “thanks” for the sacrifices they’ve made for our country.
Research on the Effectiveness of Hypnosis & Hypnotherapy
Hypnosis is used to solve a wide range of problems and there have been more than 11,000 studies documenting its effectiveness. Below you'll find links to articles and technical journals to help you better understand where hypnosis is used and its success rates. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or want additional information.
Success Rates for Hypnosis & Hypnotherapy
Hypnosis and Weight Management
Chronic Pain & Pain Management
Cancer and Chemotherapy
One Last Thought...
It's important to remember that hypnosis is not a replacement for psychotherapy or medical treatment. I am not a doctor or psychotherapist and do not diagnose or treat a mental or physical illness. If you are in need of such treatment contact your physician or a licensed mental health professional.