Welcome to MindSight
Thanks for stopping by the website for my hypnotherapy practice. Feel free to browse and learn more about my practice, services and approach as well as how hypnotherapy can benefit you and your loved ones. Please contact me if you don't find what you're looking for. I'm happy to assist you in any way I can.
Make a Change for the Better
Hypnotherapy is a powerful tool that uses the power of your subconscious mind and your brains natural learning ability to make the positive changes you want. It's commonly used to stop insomnia, reduce anxiety, lose weight, control pain, and stop smoking. Yet because subconscious responses are at the core of much of our behavior, you can use it for just about anything you can think of.
For example, most of our emotional reactions are subconscious and are driven by past experiences and occasionally we inadvertently learn a response that isn't helpful. Hypnotherapy easily transforms these subconscious responses and makes it easy to:
- Recover from traumatic experiences.
- Resolve relationship issues.
- Get rid of negative emotional reactions.
- Change limiting ideas or beliefs.
- Free yourself from guilt.
- Forgive yourself and others, or
- Eliminate fears, doubts and phobias.
Hypnotherapy is also an excellent way to enhance your skills and abilities. It can give you instant access to resources you can use in a wide variety of situations which makes it easy to:
- Instantly feel calm and confident.
- Increase self-esteem.
- Improve focus and motivation, or
- Improve performance at work, school, in sports or even in bed.
Since hypnotherapy works with the part of your brain that controls your body, you can use it to change the way your body responds to stimuli or certain situations. That means you can:
Because hypnotherapy makes it easy to re-train your brain, you can use it to solve problems that up until now may have been out of reach. The best part is it's safe, completely natural and often more effective than other therapies.
Expect Rapid Results
My approach makes it easy for you to solve your problems faster and more economically than you might expect. In fact, the vast majority of my clients reach their goal in just 1 - 3 sessions which is a lot faster than the 6 sessions observed in research studies of traditional hypnotherapy. That means you save time and money while getting the long-lasting results you're looking for. What makes the difference?
There could be a lot of reasons. Perhaps it's my twenty five years' experience with hypnosis, or the synthesis of hypnotherapy with Neuro-Linguistic techniques that generates such good results. Maybe it's the extra time we spend getting to the root of your concerns, or the way I use Brainwave Entrainment Technology to help you learn new responses faster. It might even be the free customized CD's I create that reinforce the work we do. Yet the issue isn't what makes the difference but how fast you get the results you want. The bottom line is you save time and money while getting the long-lasting results you're looking for.
Here's what you can expect:
- 9 out of 10 smokers using my approach quit smoking after just one session.
- The vast majority of my weight loss clients experience significant changes in their eating habits after the first session and begin losing 1 ½ to 2 pounds per week in 1 to 3 sessions.
- Most clients who want to control pain experience a significant increase in comfort in one session and most are pain free in 1 – 3 sessions.
- Clients struggling with insomnia usually see improvements in the quality and duration of their sleep in 1 – 2 sessions with most returning to normal healthy sleep patterns in 2 – 4 sessions.
In fact, in 2012 my "average" client needed just 2.1 sessions. Of course that's an average from well over a hundred clients and everyone responds a little differently, but it gives you an idea of how well it works.
The Difference that makes the Difference
I use an advanced form of hypnotherapy that's the synthesis of over 25 years study and experience, and leverages learning theory and recent advances in neuroscience to help you make the positive changes you want.
- I use specialized hypnosis techniques that trigger your body's natural relaxation response so during the session you're conscious, fully aware and in complete control at all times. You won't cluck like a chicken, sing like Elvis or dance like Michael Jackson unless it's something you want to learn to do.
- I combine the transformational language patterns and techniques found in Neuro-Linguistic Programming with your brains natural learning ability to help you make changes quickly. Since the 1970's NLP researchers have been using these techniques to help people change faster than is possible using traditional hypnotherapy.
- I also use Brainwave Entrainment Technology to guide you to the same super-learning response you experienced as a child so you'll learn your new response faster and easier.
- I teach you self-hypnosis so you can relax, reduce stress and feel rested and refreshed in minutes. More than 80% of all visits to the doctor can be attributed to stress so it's a great way to help you improve your health and well-being.
- Lastly, I provide a free digital music file to help accelerate your progress. It's not just a recording of the session. Instead it's specifically designed to use your self-hypnosis training to reinforce the work we do. The best part is that's it's only 22 – 28 minutes long which means it's short enough that you'll actually use it.
When combined these techniques result in a comprehensive approach for personal change that is safe, natural and very effective.
Invest in Your Quality of Life
When you work with a hypnotherapist you're investing in your quality of life and it's important you get a great return on your investment. The price for hypnotherapy in the Portland Metro area ranges from $75 to $180 per hour with the most experienced therapists usually charging the most. My rates are at the low end of the range even though I'm one of the most experienced therapists in the area. It's just one of the things I do to make sure you get the highest quality care at the best possible price.
I provide a free consultation to prospective clients to help you see if I'm the right therapist for you. It's a great way to ask any questions you might have about hypnotherapy or my approach, background and training, or to just make sure the "chemistry" feels right. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or simply want more information. I'll take the time you need to help you understand whether hypnotherapy is right for you.
Choosing a Hypnotherapist
Many people mistakenly believe that all hypnotherapists have the same training and approach but the fact is there can be really big differences. So take a moment to learn how to choose a hypnotherapist. There's more to it than you might think and investing a few minutes can improve the quality of care while significantly reducing your price.
Free Sessions for Veterans
I offer free hypnotherapy services to Veteran's returning from service. There's no cost or obligation and sessions are free for as long as we work together. It's my way of saying 'thanks' for all the sacrifices they've made for our country.
Research on the Effectiveness of Hypnosis & Hypnotherapy
Hypnosis is used to solve a wide range of problems and there have been more than 11,000 studies documenting its effectiveness. Below you'll find links to articles and technical journals to help you better understand where hypnosis is used and its success rates. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or want additional information.